“IMAGINE A WORLD ON IMPROV”
Years ago a co-worker suggested I take a Brainwaves class. My immediate feeling was sheer terror, so I said YES! Some ten years later I have enjoyed Brainwaves workshops many times over. The experience is fun and funny but also helps develop valuable skills that you can apply to everyday life.” -Ademar Matinian, Wieden+Kennedy
Wednesdays | 7 pm
Sept. 5 – Oct. 10 2012
Portland YWCA, 1111 Southwest 10th Avenue Portland, OR 97205
$200 for all 6 classes (includes a student performance & a comp ticket to a Brainwaves show)
OR!!! Only $300 for two when you sign up with a friend!
Participate in a six week intensive communication skill building workshop using the tools of improvisation. This workshop is taught by Daryl Olson and Shelley Darcy from the Brainwaves ensemble. This workshop is geared toward the non-actor but is open to any person interested in learning the skills and principles of Improvisational theatre!
- ENHANCE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- EXPLORE WORKING IN A COLLABORATIVE AND CO-CREATIVE DYNAMIC
- UNDERSTAND YOUR OWN COMMUNICATION STYLE
- SHARPEN YOUR PRESENTATION SKILLS
- BE COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE
- GET EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH THE UNEXPECTED
- LET GO OF SELF-JUDGEMENT
- TAKE RISKS
- HAVE FUN!!
- We will have a performance at the end of the four weeks to showcase what you’ve learned!
Mad skills! Lots of fun!IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SIGNING UP FOR THE CLASS OR WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT IT PLEASE CONTACT US!!
- Phone: 503-520-8928
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org**BRAINWAVES WORKSHOPS ARE OPEN TO RETURNING STUDENTS!